Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Can a wrapped object be art?

Here are my versions of a wrapped camera that I captured:


What I learned about my work was that it was hard to pick a creative idea and follow through on the interesting look and feel of what I was trying to go for.  What I learned from Christo and Jeanne-Claude was that I can have the most creative artistic ideas and to not think anything is impossible because if you work hard enough, you can fulfill your artistic ideas.  My inspiration was the wrapped bottles they did and how interesting they made simple objects look.  My difficulties were making the wrapping stay shaped on the camera in fine detail and trying to make the background compliment the silver wrapping on the camera.  What I learned about these two amazing people were what I can make, what seems like a simple and boring image, lively with the accents in the picture and colors to make it intriguing
.



A new idea I found on http://www.ps-illustration.co.uk/Misc4.html that I thought of doing:
I would wrap the camera and set a self timer so that it can take a picture of itself in a mirror while still having wrap on it and a white backdrop behind it.
35mm camera wrapped with Financial Times pages, test piece, part of national promotional campaign. (3-D computer-generated, Photoshop) Phil Schramm Illustration



All captured by Christo and Jeanne-Claude


1 comment:

  1. I'm very curious about the images you captured. I read what you wrote and agree with your thoughts but wonder about the hole in the aluminum foil (why you chose to do that) and the last image (which I quite like) and the background (which I'm not certain I understand. Talk to me in class, okay?

    ReplyDelete